Continuing Education Requirements
Members will be required to complete at least 16 hours of Professional Development per year to maintain their RMFT status (A typical one-day workshop being regarded as 8 hours in length, unless demonstrably shorter or longer)
These are courses designed to allow family therapists to stay current with the issues impacting couples and families in Canada.
There are 7 categories of CEU's that are acceptable, and can be documented on a Professional Development Log Form which will be provided.
1) Courses provided by CAMFT
2) Courses provided by similar credentialed Marriage/Couple and Family professional associations or organizations:
If the Association or Organization is offering a course which has some overlapping focus or purpose with ours (systemic approaches, cultural differences, relationships, appropriate adjunctive interventions like crisis response, special populations, child and adolescent issues, etc) then the course can be accepted so long as the title appears relevant. egs: IFTA, AAMFT, CAMFT (California).
3) Courses provided by other credentialed organizations if the course title is obviously relevant, has some systemic application or focus, or deals with the needs of special populations. eg: EMDRIA courses that specifically target children couples, families, OPA courses on interventions with First Responders, APA or CPA courses focusing on marriage and family, diversity, etc
4) Individual requests: If the individual member provides a course description and outline from an organization which is not recognized/credentialed and/or without an obvious title that is applicable, then we can review on a case by case basis.
5) Systemic Supervision and Consultation: 1 credit per hour of supervision and/or consultation from a systemic focus which is appropriately documented and signed by the supervisor and consultant who has relevant credentials. The supervision/consultation may be paid or unpaid, but must be within a formal, contracted relationship.
6) Presentations, Teaching, and Trainings in family relationships provided by the member: 1 credit per hour of face-to-face teaching (live or video). The title and course outline or description should be submitted, as well as the school or organization thought which the course or training was given, and where it was given. Credit will be given for the first time a course is taught (or first time used for CEU's for CAMFT), and will only be awarded once per course.
7) Self-Study: Can include 1 credit per hour of first time preparation for a course or training provided by a member, subsequent updates to a course or training, or article written. Bibliography/Reference list submitted with Professional Development Form.
To log your CEUs with CAMFT please login to your profile and go to the "2020 CEU For RMFTs" field. (near the bottom). There you can upload your documents.